There are 6 steps to completing this lesson, starting with step #0 and continuing to step #5. Both the teacher directions and student directions can be found directly on the handout. The teacher directions are in bold on the handout, next to the step number.
Math Lab - Paper Airplane Flight Distance - Lesson 1
- #1 - Students watch the “Paper Airplane Intro Video”
- #2 - Students watch the “Making a Paper Airplane” video. Teacher facilitates, pausing when prompted and making sure all students have completed each step before moving on to the next.
- #3 - Students watch the “How to Prepare, Fly, and Collect Data” video and complete the described activity.
- #4 - Students watch the Flight Distance vs. Fold Angle Simulation Intro Video.
- #5 - Students simulate the linear function of best fit using the Length vs. Rotation Simulation and answer the questions below.